Saturday Morning Beginner Skateboard Classes
September Class Dates (9/5, 9/12, 9/19, 9/26)
October Class Dates (10/3, 10/10, 10/17, 10/24)
*** Attention All Participants ***
Thank you for your patience during the past few months. We are happy to be reintroducing our Classes, Camps and Programs! Please review the temporary changes that we have made to create a safe and fun environment for everyone. These protocols will be in place until further notice:
- All participants will be required to sign a 'Health/Temperature Check Waiver'
- 10 Participant Max per Class
- Students must Pre-Register for the Beginners Session following the class*
- No Hand holding for our safety and yours
- Practice safe distancing inside the park
Of course, if you're not feeling well, Stay Home! We will happily offer refunds if your little one is too sick to be in class. Again, thank you for your understand and cooperation.
*We normally allow participants to stay after class for the Beginner Session from 10am-12pm, however to keep our allowable number of participants we require that you Pre-Register for a spot in the Beginners Session. This can be done in-store or online. It will be a 'first come-first serve" as we cannot guarentee any spaces will be available.
Learn the basics and build on the foundations of park and street skateboarding in Chicagoland's premier indoor skatepark. This is the best introduction to skateboarding that will put any student interested in skating on the fastest and safest track to progression. Anyone can join the beginner class whether they have pushed on a skateboard before or not! The beginner class builds the foundation needed to advance in skateboarding. The following skills and ideas are touched on in this class:
- How to push, and the proper stance to use
- How to safely learn, and how to fall
- Skatepark etiquette, how to interact with others at the park
- How to control your board: turning, gaining speed, and stopping
- The power of a positive attitude
- The basics of an Ollie
- How to ‘drop-in’ on a ramp
!!! We offer an option to purchase your lesson package that includes UNLIMITED SKATING all month you're signed up for class! This gives students the ability to come more often and refine all the skills they learn in class on their own time. You would only have to visit 3 times to pay off the additional $40 from the basic class package. !!!
- Class is from 9am-10am (Doors open at 8:45am)
- Safety equipment/rental skateboards are available and FREE to use
- Water fountains/bathrooms are available
We Also Recommend